Are you ready for some turkey, great friends and family? The holidays are just around the corner.
Thanksgiving will take place on Thursday, Nov. 25. In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed national Thanksgiving Day to be celebrated the last Thursday in November.
Thanksgiving is a day that doesn’t always fall on the same date each year unlike Halloween or Christmas. Thanksgiving is a great time to be thankful and appreciate who you have and what you have.
I asked some of my classmates and teachers what they were thankful for.
• Mrs. Westgard: I am thankful for my family, my students, my cats, my friends, yoga and cheese pizza.
• Emily: I am thankful for my family.
• Mrs. Shaikh: I am thankful for my family and my students.
• Loveleen: I am thankful for a roof over my head, food and family.
• Caden: I am thankful for my family and my life.
• Johnny: I am thankful for my family and friends.
• Jeremiah: I am thankful for my family and my friends.
• Gabrielle: I am thankful for my mom and my house.
• Jesse: I am thankful for a good family, brother, sister and having a house.
• Faith: I am thankful for my mom, friends, pets and school.
• Christopher: I am thankful for my nana and friends.
• My twin brother, Marcus is thankful for our mom not having to work and the cat in the backyard. I am thankful for my friends, family and food to eat.