Tucson Birthday Guide
Parents want their child’s birthday to be unique, fun and memorable! Planning the party, deciding on how many guest to invite, keeping cost within your budget and selecting where to have the party can be stressful for parents, but don’t worry—Boomer Bear has some great ideas to make your child’s party a perfect one!
Tucson is full of great places to have a birthday party. There are museums where kids can make discoveries, play and explore. Fitness clubs offer swimming, basketball, volleyball and outdoor fun. There’s miniature golfing, bowling, skating and theme parks with rides and games. For pet lovers you can have a unique party with animals, and for the artistic, kids can create cool pottery or paint a masterpiece on canvas. Pizza parties are always a hit with kids! You can have your party at a pizza restaurant or have the pizza delivered to the venue you choose, if the venue allows outside food. An old-fashioned party and cookout at the park is a great way for kids to run, play, crack open a piñata and even have a scavenger hunt.
Six weeks before the party:
- Decide how many guest to invite. This will help you decide how large of a venue you will need and what interest the kids have in common.
- Choose a theme for the invitations. Decide if you will purchase them at the store or make them on your computer at home.
- After deciding which venue you will hold the party at, call the venue to reserve your party.
Four weeks before the party:
- Decide on the order of events during the party. Will you have activities when the guest arrive, when will you serve food, when will you serve cake and will your child open gifts at the party or wait until they are at home?
- Place your cake order with the bakery.
Three weeks before the party:
- Mail the invitations asking the invitees to respond by a certain date if they can make it.
- Purchase party supplies, goodie bags and items for goodie bags.
- Have the birthday child decide on the outfit they will wear at the party. Most parents will buy the child a new outfit because a lot of pictures and videos will be taken of the child that day.
One week before the party:
- Call those you invited that have not responded.
- Call the venue to adjust the amount of people coming, if needed.
Day before the party:
- Pick up cake or make arrangements to pick up on the way to the venue.
- LFill the goodie bags with candy and small party favors.
- Make sure camera and video cameras are charged or have fresh batteries.
- Pack a notepad and pen to write down names and the gift the guest brought so that you can personally thank them for the doll, truck or other gift in thank you notes.
One week after party:
- Mail out thank you notes.
Check out Boomer Bear’s 2017 Birthday Guide—it will give you tons of information on the perfect birthday party for your child this year. Many of the venues offer great birthday packages, discounts and staff to assist you. Happy Birthday from Boomer Bear!