School is out, 100-degree weather is in and Memorial Day is upon us. This can only mean one thing: summer vacation is here. Although, unfortunately (maybe) for some of us, summer season doesn’t officially begin until June 20.
But until then, Bear Essential News looks at some of the fun events happening in and around Phoenix. Here are our picks!
Memorial Day, MONDAY 5/29
- Where: Pioneer & Military Memorial Park, 1313 W Jefferson St.
- When: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
Before gassing up the grill stop by the Pioneer & Military Memorial Park from 9am to noon to honor our heroes this holiday. The ceremonies will feature period reenactors, several fraternal organizations, and a keynote address by Len Marcisz.
- Where: Uptown Farmer's Market, 5757 North Central Ave.
- When: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Cost: Free entry, pay for what you buy
Find what’s for dinner or even a new decoration for your shelves at this farmer’s market. From 8 am – noon, browse amongst the various vendors for unique and curated food and crafts. Get out early to beat the heat! View online for vendors availability for dates.
- Where: Scottsdale Art District (General Area: Main Street from Scottsdale Rd. west to Goldwater Blvd., and on Marshall Way north of Indian School Rd. to Fifth Ave.)
- When: Every Thursday, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free to enjoy, pay for what you buy
Cool off and wind down with a walk among art! Every Thursday in the Scottsdale Art District from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm, come stroll among the various open exhibits and enjoy the cooler summer nights. There is plenty of free parking along with complimentary trolley or carriage rides for easy commuting.